Judy Anderson Roberts, 78, passed away on Wednesday, August 30, 2023. A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, September 16, at 11 a.m. at the Wilkerson Funeral Chapel in Vanceboro. The family will receive friends following the service. Judy, daughter of the late John and Louise Anderson, was born on March 12, 1945, in Pamlico County. She received her Degree in Cosmetology from Craven Community College and was a hairdresser for over 40 years in New Bern. The name of her shop was “Sister’s Salon” located on Metcalf Street. Judy would go out of her way to help others. She was a great mother and grandmother. She will be missed by all those who loved her. Judy is survived by her three children, Donald Lee Phillips, Jr. (Jeannie), of Vanceboro, Judith Lynn Keaton of Fla., and Donna Louise Phillips of Vanceboro; eight grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; sister, Vicky Fevorka; brothers, Johnny Anderson and Carl Anderson; several nieces and nephews as well as many friends. Arrangements by Wilkerson Funeral Home & Crematory. Online condolences at www.wilkersonfuneralhome.com.
To plant a tree in memory of Judy Roberts as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Alva Mizzelle Williams
- Hurricane Lee generates big swells along northern Caribbean while it churns through open waters
- Escaped murderer slips out of search area, changes appearance and tries to contact former co-workers
- McCarthy juggles government shutdown and Biden impeachment inquiry as House returns to messy fall
- The United States marks 22 years since 9/11, from ground zero to Alaska
- Do you have hazardous house waste? This local group can help dispose of it for you safely
- Novak Djokovic wins the US Open for his 24th Grand Slam title by beating Daniil Medvedev
- Bijan Robinson outshines top pick Bryce Young as Falcons knock off Panthers 24-10